This past weekend was a busy one, indeed... and FUN
Josh brought home two iPhones on Friday!! A black one for him, and white for me! I am pleasantly surprised... I love my new toy! And we stayed up WAY too late messing around with them Friday night. Especially considering we had to get up pretty early on Saturday to make the long but lovely drive out to Holly, MI to go to the Renaissance Festival!!!
We met up with my cousin Laura and her husband HutcH, and their FUN toddler Henry. The day turned out to be a hot one at over 90 degrees, and with Josh in his custom wool kilt... well, its just a good thing he is SO cool! Samantha took the whole adventure in stride, and out of the 3 of us, she by far had the least amount of dust and dirt on her.
Our dear friends, Kodi and Michael were in town from Brooklyn, NY and had a chance to meet up with us at the Renaissance Festival. And although Sam and I unfortunately had to miss the Ded Bob show and the Wenches, we were able to visit the miniature horses and the llamas at the petting zoo. I'm not gonna lie though, the one-eyed horse gave me the willies!
On Sunday, I had my ladies craft group. We meet monthly, and this time it was out in Ann Arbor, at Bianca's home. She made a delicious taco salad. In truth, I didn't get much actual "crafting" done, but it was a perfect afternoon with my girlfriends and Samantha was an angel. (the drive home was another story completely ;) Although I did have Laura in the backseat for half the ride giving me "Mommy Reports" from the baby bucket (AKA the car seat).


While I was at craft group yesterday, Josh finished painting our family room! I am pretty excited about finally using this particular room as our "living room" as it has a lovely fireplace and we had been using it as a dining room, which didn't end up being how we wanted to use the room. It just took us two and a half years in this house to figure that out.





1 comments:
Lovin Sammy's bonnet & precious little smile while enjoying the renissance festival!
girl after my own heart! xoxo
(does dad REALLY have a kilt??
- - not sure why i'm questioning this -- sounds like him!!)
Post a Comment